Tax rate updates for 2024.
December 27, 2023 will be the earliest date to process your first payroll for 2024. Updates to the payroll tax tables for 2024 will be completed within Wagepoint by this date.
Provincial employer taxes.
Employer Health Tax (EHT) in Ontario
- Please note that EHT exemptions will restart for the first payroll of 2024.
- Wagepoint can only handle the EHT remittances on your behalf. Ensure you complete and file the EHT Annual Return by the deadline of March 15, 2024 either via mail or online using ONT-TAXS.
- Please note that Wagepoint does not monitor your payroll once EHT is set up. If you exceed a payroll of $5M dollars, you do not qualify for the $1M exemption and will owe an additional $19, 500 in EHT premiums. You will need to notify us of this should it happen and be needed.
- Click here for more information on EHT.
Empty space, drag to resize
British Columbia Employer Health Tax (BC EHT)
- Please note that BC EHT exemptions will restart for the first payroll of 2024.
- Wagepoint can only calculate BC EHT on your behalf, not remit or report. We cannot electronically remit for BC EHT as the Government of British Columbia requires the company to submit documents along with your remittance. We will calculate the taxes but you will be responsible for remitting the amounts.
We're here to help.
Contact Wagepoint’s customer support by submitting a ticket directly within the app, or sending us an email to [email protected].